What is the GMA?
The GMA is a not for profit organization set up in 2009 as an association in Switzerland with offices in Switzerland Peru and USA and contact in Ethiopia.
The members are a group of scientists and professionals concerned about the neglect to support sustainable use & well being of mountains, their people, their ecosystems, their cultures, their health, their diversity and their spirit.
We are against promotion of evermore destructive, extractive use of mountain resources with few or negative benefits for mountain inhabitants, conducted without concern for to the environment, which we believe is detrimental ultimately also to national and international stability and security
GMA is fundamentally concerned with supporting actions that maintain or restore health and wellbeing to mountain people and the environment by promoting key neglected action areas in which we have expertise
· We promote activities that contribute to the wellbeing of mountain people, especially indigenous communities.
· We engage in actions for which we have expertise that support maintenance of indigenous traditional knowledge, and integrate well with new opportunities that empower mountain communities to develop satisfied lives with opportunities based on their resources.
· We work to enable good stewardship of mountain environments and resources.
· We promote the culture and history of mountain people.
· We select KEY THEMES critical to well-being of mountain people and environment for which we have expertise that have been neglected nationally and internationally. We investigate these themes and aim to bring their importance to the attention of national and international communities and decision makers.
· We strive for integration with mountain communities while maintaining strong links with universities, and other national and international organizations, advocacy groups, commerce and governments.
· We aim to provide information and options that empower mountain people and give flexibility and new options to enable improved livelihoods while managing mountain ecosystems.
Office: Casa Guardamunt, Via al Corridore 17, 6644 Orselina, Switzerland
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: Switzerland: +41-76-208 4306
En America Latina
Oficina: 1511 José Léal, Dep. 503, Lince, Lima 14, Peru
Tel. +51-1-256 5432,
Office: P.O.Box: 150372, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251 116 297261 or +251 911 405930, Fax: +251 116 297440
In North America
Office: 203 East Falls St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Marco Baltensweiler: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stefan Flückiger: email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Amarilda Luque: email email@example.com,
Bruno Stöckli: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Trutmann: email email@example.com
Gete Zeleke: email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com